· Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet,Pinot Noir, Malbec & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Discover great local wine-related events on Just Wine