The winery was established in 1856 on one of the extended Cru of Serralunga d’Alba, the Cerretta. The Germano family owns 10 hectars cultivating to Nebbiolo, Barbera d’Alba, Dolcetto and a little bit of Chardonnay and Merlot, in the famous vineards of Prapò, Lazzarito e Cerretta.
The great-grandfather Francis, then grandfather Alberto, have been cultivating the vineyard, producing small amounts of wine , but mainly by selling grapes , market dominant in the area at the time. Ettore, son of Alberto, keeps his father’s work, becoming also skilled grafter, and begins to renovate the vineyards from the 50 with a density however not less than 4000 plants to hectare and traditional local varieties , Dolcetto , Barbera and Nebbiolo . In 1964 he married Rosanna , and together they continue to work the vineyards , buying several plots bordering the property ..
Just Wine partners with the finest bars, restaurants, wineries and retailers from around the world!