At the origin of the Grand Cru of the Andes
Cheval des Andes is the first fusion of the Premier Grand Cru Classé A of Saint-Emilion - Cheval Blanc, with its savoir-faire, and Terrazas de los Andes, with the best Argentine high-altitude terroir, and its expertise in producing Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon.
The philosophy of successive harvests directly addresses the synergy born as a driving idea to bring together in one single wine: the French art of assemblage, and the creative innovation of the new world.
An exceptional terroir
Cheval des Andes is located in Las Compuertas district, one of the most prestigious and recognized region of Luján de Cuyo, Mendoza.
Our 50-hectare vineyard preserves an exceptional terroir thanks to soil and climate conditions, the vegetal material and the cultural practices that are daily carried out with dedication and great efforts. The soil is sandy-loam with stone content at the depth and good drainage which encourages deep root growth and ensures greater balance, durability and the finest expression. On the other hand, the climate of this Grand Cruis moderate, with an excellent temperature range.
All these factors are essential to make Cheval des Andes the most expressive and refined Grand Cru of the Andes.
A meticulous winemaking process
Cheval des Andes production follows only one purpose: to make the Grand Cru de los Andes, with all the passion and dedication that come from its French-Argentine roots. Cheval des Andes is "the perfect assemblage reborn".
1. The different varieties are hand-harvested.
2. Bunches and berries are thoroughly selected at the winery.
3. Varietals undergo 18 months of ageing in French oak barrels.
4. Assemblage definition and elaboration: Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot.
5. Final blend is aged in new French oak barrels during 6 more months.
6. Bottling and extended bottle ageing for at least 18 months.
Just Wine partners with the finest bars, restaurants, wineries and retailers from around the world!