A passion for wine spanning four generations
Our story begins in the early 20th century, when René Schloesser, a young farmer from Luxembourg, left his country of origin for a better life in Champagne. There he met Lucie Coutelas, a young farmer and wine-grower from the commune of Romery. In 1927 they were married. Two years later, when France was in the grips of a severe economic crisis and the champenois traders had stopped buying their grapes, René and Lucie decided to make and sell their own champagne. And with that, our Champagne House was born…!
At first, only around 1,000 bottles were produced. Each morning, René would take them himself, stowed on the pannier rack of his bicycle, to the railway station at Damery and watch them set off to Paris, where members of the family living in the capital took care of selling them.
After the 1945 Liberation, sales of Champagne grew and production at Maison Schloesser gradually increased; soon it reached 5,000 bottles, sold for the most part in Paris and Lyon.
Just Wine partners with the finest bars, restaurants, wineries and retailers from around the world!