Did you know that Disney holds an annual Food And Wine Festival? It’s one of their largest and longest-running showcases of the year, and is put on to explore diverse cultures, showcase new attractions and bring in guests from across the globe!
Ultimate Guide to the 2019 Epcot Food & Wine Festival
What is the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival?
Taking place at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, the Epcot Food and Wine Festival is an annual event focused on showcasing other parts of the world, unique cuisine and fine wine.
Concerts, food and wine tastings, cooking seminars, dance parties and more are just some of the things you can see when visiting Disney World during this period of time.
When is Disney’s Food and Wine Festival?
According to Disney, Epcot’s Food & Wine Festival runs from August 29th until November 23rd and will start the same day that the new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction opens and end before the Christmas season.
October and November tend to be the busier months of the festival, as the temperature is a little cooler and bearable for long days outdoors! September features lesser crowds, but hotter temperatures.
How Much Does the Festival Cost?
Regular park admission will gain you access to the basic pieces of the festival, however, access to many special features/events, as well as food and drink, are sold separately.
You can find more information about the Epcot Food and Wine Festival at Walt Disney World, including pass information, featured booths and events here.
What Do You Need to Know About Disney’s Epcot International Food and Wine Festival?
With such a long and expansive festival, there are a bunch of things for you to check out whenever you decide to visit.
There will be 30-35 Food and Wine Marketplace food vendors, and many fall under the “Global series” title and they feature new and unique dishes every year. While in the Marketplace, check out the Future World features for big portions, shorter lines and menus that always receive rave reviews.
While food and wine are always the focus of the festival, there is also plenty of entertainment to take in throughout the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Celebrity headliners during concerts and celebrity chefs hosting cooking events are two of the big features! And the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, which features acts such as the Plain White Ts, Boyz 2 Men, Kris Allen, Sugar Ray, Sawyer Brown and many more headline a festival favourite for Disney visitors.
Tips and Tricks for Making the Most Out of the Disney Food & Wine Festival:
- Planning is key. Have a general idea of the places you’d like to stop and the things you’d like to try. It’s easy to miss out on things or spend a ton of money if you walk in unprepared.
- Go on a weekday. Weekend crowds are absolutely bananas. Weekdays are much more reasonable if you can manage it.
- Get there as early as you can. Before things start opening, it’s ideal to get in line. Events and features fill up quickly.
- Take breaks from the heat. During the heat of the day, it can be easy to become dehydrated and overheated. Take breaks in the A/C at the Event Center on the grounds.
- Do more for less. Some of the big-ticket features start to add up quickly, whereas there are side booths and events that cost way less and are just delicious.