Whether you’re settling in for a movie night or having one of those “treat yourself” days (or weeks, months…), it’s always a good idea to combine your favourite snacks with wine. There’s no better way to class up your junk food obsession than with the perfect wine pairings!
Here are some perfect wine pairings for the most popular (and delicious) junk foods:
Savoury Snacks Paired with Wine
Doritos & Cheetos Wine Pairings
- Nacho Cheese Flavoured Doritos/Cheetos and Pinot Noir or Grenache.
- Ranch Doritos and Pinot Gris or Chardonnay. (or any medium-bodied white wine)
- Sweet Chili Heat Doritos & an Off-Dry Riesling
You also can’t go wrong pairing these with a rosé, which goes with almost everything!
Potato Chips and Wine Pairings
- Plain Potato Chips / Regular Potato Chips and an un-oaked Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. All match well with the saltiness of the chips.
- BBQ-Flavoured Chips & California Zinfandel or a fruity, chilled Pinot Noir.
Popcorn and Wine Pairings
Chips & Salsa and Wine Pairings
French Fries and Wine Pairings
Cheese Balls and Wine Pairings
- Pair Cheese Balls and Pinot Noir
Sweet Treats Paired with Wine
Cookies and Wine Pairings
- Chocolate chip cookies and Syrah or Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Oatmeal Raisin and Pinot Noir or Viognier.
- Ginger cookies and Zinfandel.
Brownies and Wine Pairings
- Pair Chocolate Brownies with Merlot.
All Kinds of Pie and Wine Pairings
- Pair Apple pie with Moscato d’Asti (or any sweet, dessert wine)
- Cherry pie and Syrah
- Pumpkin Pie and Port or Sherry
- Blueberry pie and California Cabernet Sauvignon
Cheesecake and Wine Pairings
- Pair Cheesecake and Icewine