Try Petite Sirah Wine if You Like Cabernet Sauvignon or big California blends.
Overview of Petite Sirah Wine
Medium to full body wine with medium tannin and acidity. Flavours of plum and chocolate.
How To Pronounce the grape Petite Sirah: peh-TEET sear-AH
Why We Like Petite Sirah Wine
- It’s big and inky and rich! Often added to Cabernet Sauvignon or Zinfandel to beef up the body and colour.
Flavours and Aromas of the Petite Sirah Variety
- Fruit: blackberry, black cherry, blueberry
- Floral: lavender
- Herbal: black pepper, menthol, black liquorice
- Other: chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut, coffee
Where in the World Does the Petite Sirah / Durif Grape Grow?
Old World Petite Sirah Regions
New World Petite Sirah Regions
- USA (mainly California but also Washington)
Petite Sirah Wine’s Perfect Food Pairings
- Cheddar cheese
- Pork Tenderloin
Interesting Facts About the Petite Sirah / Durif Grape:
Syrah and Peloursin got together and created (baby) Petite Sirah, but it’s anything but little!
Petite Sirah has at least twice as many antioxidants as Pinot Noir.
Other Names for the Petite Sirah Varietal:
Durif, Petite Syrah
Our Favourite Finds for Petite Sirah Wine