Ingredients For Strawberry Champagne Cookies Recipe:
- 3.5 ounces caster sugar
- 7 ounces unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
- 10.5 ounces all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 cold egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Tishbi Strawberry Champagne Preserves
- Sugar/icing-sugar, sieved
How To Make Strawberry Champagne Cookies:
How To Make Cookie Dough For Strawberry Champagne Cookies:
- Mix butter, caster sugar and vanilla, extract with an electric mixer using a paddle attachment at medium speed until the ingredients are combined.
- Add salt, flour and the butter cubes.
- Mix until the mixture becomes coarse crumbs and immediately add egg yolks.
- Mix shortly just until a ball of dough forms.
- Wrap the dough with cling nylon and leave in the refrigerator for overnight.
- The cold dough will need to acclimatize for 10 minutes at room temperature before it can be used for further preparation.
Baking Directions For Strawberry Champagne Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Roll out the cookie dough between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of about 0.2 inches.
- Cut out flower shaped cookies from the cookie dough batch (1.75 inches diameter).
- Take half the flower shaped cut out batch, and cut a smaller sized circle (0.4 inches in diameter), in the center of each flower.
- Bake the cookies on separate paper lined trays at 325°F for 10 – 14 minutes, or until lightly brown in colour.
- Coolthe cookies at room temperature.
- Once the baked cookies are cooled, spread the Strawberry Champagne Preserve over the whole flower cookies.
- Dust the top of the open flower cookies with icing sugar and set on top of the whole flower cookies.
- Store cool and dry or serve immediately.
Shared from Oshra Tishbi Fine Foods and Tishbi Winery.