(Posted with permission from Jen’s Reviews)
Below is an easy recipe for Shrimp Linguine. It’s a simple dish with delicious flavour. Keep scrolling for the best wine to pair with this dish.
Ingredients for Shrimp Linguine Recipe:
8 oz of linguine pasta
1 tbsp. of olive oil
6 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of broth from chicken
60 mL of white wine
1 juice from squeezed lemon
1/2 tsp. of lemon zest
Salt to taste
2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
1 pound of fresh shrimp, peeled
1/4 cup of unsalted butter
3 tsp of parsley, fresh and chopped
1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil
How To Make Shrimp Linguine:
- Pour water in a large pot, then lightly sprinkle it with salt. Transfer the pot to a stove and let it boil.
- Cook the linguine in the pot until al dente or for about 10-14 minutes.
- Preheat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat and sauté the garlic for about a minute.
- Combine the wine, chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
- Lower the flames, and let it simmer for about 30 minutes or until half of the liquid has evaporated.
- Throw in butter, shrimp, basil, and parsley into the saucepan. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes, until the shrimp turns opaque.
- Add in the al dente linguine, and mix to well coat the with the sauce. Cook it for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
What is the best wine is to pair with shrimp linguine?
We suggest trying something a little out of the ordinary. A crisp Italian Vermentino is a great match. If you like Italian Pinot Grigio but you’re looking for more flavour intensity and the perfect seafood wine, Vermentino is the way to go.
JustWine Pairing Suggestion for Shrimp Linguine