8.6 inch Tart Ring with 1.2 inch side Almond Pastry:
- 5.7 ounces plain flour
- 1.4 ounces ground, blanched almonds
- 1.4 ounces powdered sugar
- 0.3 ounces cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
How To Make Tart Ring
- Process the flour, powdered almonds, sugar and cold butter for a few seconds until coarse crumbs form.
- Add the egg and process just until it forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
Ingredients For Streusel (Crumbled Pastry Topping):
- 2.6 ounces butter
- 1.7 ounces powdered sugar
- 0.7 ounces blanched ground almonds
- 0.7 ounces sugar
- 3.5 ounces plain flour pinch of vanilla powder or seeds of 1/8 vanilla bean
How To Make Streusel
- Soften the butter using the beater attachment.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator.
Ingredients For Almond – Pistachio Cream:
- 2.5 ounces butter
- 2.5 ounces sugar
- 2.5 ounces ground, blanched almonds
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 0.5 ounces cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon pistachio paste (available in baking supply stores)
How To Make Almond-Pistachio Cream
- Cream the butter in the mixer with the beater attachment.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the ground almonds and then the eggs one by one.
- Add the rum and finally the cornstarch and continue beating until very creamy; then add the pistachio paste and mix well.
How To Make Cherry Shiraz Tart
Ingredients For Cherry Shiraz Tart
- 3 tablespoons of Cherry Shiraz preserve
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- Coarsely chopped, pistachios for decoration
Directions For Cherry Shiraz Tart
- Lightly dust the work surface with flour.
- Roll out almond pastry until it is 0.2 inches thick; line the tart ring or mold with the pastry.
- Chill and spread the Cherry Shiraz preserve on the almond pastry.
- Fill the tart shell with the almond pistachio cream.
- Crumble the streusel over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a preheated oven to 280°F.
- When the tart cools, dust it with powdered sugar and sprinkle over the chopped pistachios.
Shared from Tishbi Winery