We’re delighted to bring you this delicious recipe for Chocolate Paté with Crème Anglaise.
Created by Craig Nazareth of the Fairmont Palliser in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Chocolate Paté Ingredients
300 g dark chocolate couverture
1 1/4 cups (300 mL) heavy cream
100 g sugar
100 g butter
100 g glucose
Preparation for Chocolate Paté
- In a pot, bring cream, butter, sugar and glucose to a boil.
- Pour the boiled liquid over the chocolate.
- Mix well and set aside to cool.
Crème Anglaise Ingredients
1 3/4 cups (425 mL) heavy cream
1 3/4 (425 mL) milk
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla paste
200 g sugar
215 g egg yolk
Preparation for Crème Anglaise
- Heat cream, milk and vanilla to a simmer.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Gradually whisk in cream mixture into eggs. Return sauce to pot over medium heat.
- Cook anglaise until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Strain and let cool in fridge.
Vanilla Cake Ingredients
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs, at room temperature
1tbs vanilla paste
1 1/2 cup milk
Preparation for Vanilla Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 16″x 18″ sheet cake pan and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Mix and sift flour, the baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium; add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add in the vanilla.
- Add in milk alternating with flour mix into the butter mixture until just smooth.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake until the cakes are lightly golden on top and the centers spring back when pressed, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool.
This Recipe Serves 8-10
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Calgary is Canada’s most dynamic city and the Fairmont Palliser is Calgary’s premier hotel. Centrally located in downtown Calgary, Fairmont Palliser is conveniently situated near the city’s business and financial district and is within walking distance to the city’s most exciting retail shopping, arts, culture and entertainment venues. Calgary’s friendly spirit, coupled with the city’s vibrant urban ambience makes for a metropolis of wonderful contrasts. Set in the heart of the city, Fairmont Palliser is a historical landmark offering distinctive accommodation in elegant surroundings.
Culinaire serves up features on dining in, dining out, wine, beer, spirits and cocktails. Culinaire is a food and beverage magazine tempting tastebuds, engaging appetites, and celebrating Alberta. We’re highlighting local people and learning from their experience and success. Sharing their secrets are chefs, sommeliers, brewers, mixologists, restaurateurs, and local food and beverage experts