How to Make Chocolate Almond Toffee Bars
Ingredients for Chocolate Almond Toffee
Makes one 8-inch square pan.
1 1/2 cups quick oats (Quick oats work best for this dish, instead of the uncooked type)
1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
1 cup of Skor toffee bits
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds
1 can of sweetened condensed milk (the thick stuff)
Steps to Make Chocolate Almond Toffee
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper so that the paper hangs over the sides of the pan.
- Stir in the oats, graham cracker crumbs and salt in a bowl to combine, then stir in the melted butter.
- Press the crumbly oat mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the skor bits evenly over top, followed by chocolate chips and sliced almonds. Pour condensed milk evenly over pan (it will sink as it bakes) and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling.
- Cool to room temperature in a pan, then chill for at least 4 hours before slicing into bars.
- Store toffee bars in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The Best Wine Pairings for Chocolate Almond Toffee
Wondering which wines to pair with Chocolate Almond Toffee? This chocolate-y and delicious snack pairs beautifully with a PX Sherry!
PX Sherry has all the sweetness without the syrupy texture and hints of nuts and caramel. All the flavours match perfectly with Chocolate Almond Toffee for dessert.
The Best Wine to Pair with Chocolate Almond Toffee