(Posted with permission from Jen’s Reviews)
Ingredients For Red Wine-Braised Chicken:
8 pcs of chicken thighs
All-purpose flour for breading
2 tbsp. of butter, unsalted
2 tbsp. of olive oil
4 large garlic cloves,peeled and crushed
Freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups of Sauvignon Blanc
1 1/2 cups of chicken stock, preferably homemade
Four pieces of lemon zests
4 sprigs of thyme
1 tablespoon of drained capers
1 piece of bay leaf twig
1 cup of red wine
Cooking Directions For Red Wine-Braised Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dust the chicken with flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a large ovenproof skillet.
- Fry the chicken with the skin-side down, and let it cook over medium-high heat. Cooked both sides for about 12-14 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Place the chicken into a large platter, leave about a tablespoon of oil in the skillet.
- Place the garlics into the skillet and saute over medium-low heat until it becomes softened, this would usually take about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the red wine and let it boil over high heat. Let it boil until about half of the mixture has evaporated.
- Combine the lemon zest, the stock, capers, thyme, and bay leaf and boil.
- Replace the chicken skin-side up to the pan.
- For about 50 minutes, braise the skillet in your oven, do this until the meat becomes tender.
- Replace the skillet to your stove and boil for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly lessened.
- Remove unwanted seasoning remains if you want. Serve and enjoy!
Did you enjoy this Wine-Braised Chicken Recipe? Check out more delicious Food & Wine Recipes
Red Thai Curry Soup Recipe